While the circulation rate of traditional media such as newspapers and magazines is declining, the reach of influencers is steadily increasing.
Unlike a newspaper, a blog or an influencer’s account on SoMe only mobilises a limited team. Often, it is even a single person, publishing content and claiming some sort of legitimacy on a given subject. While this system itself can be controversial, influencers are able to engage their audience, spark action amongst them, and offer the opportunity for a company to direct this public enthusiasm towards its product, service or business. In some cases, it is a much more direct way to gain visibility than trying to convince journalists and their editorial staff.
Getting the attention of influencers or bloggers requires a different approach than the one used to reach a journalist.
Here are some tips and tricks to get your message to stand out in an influencer’s inbox. We went and asked dutch blogger Jolique Möller from Influentials.
- Clearly explain the subject in the title and add relevant emoticons
- Detail the demand and the possible retributions
- Do not send a pre-made template, be original and personal
- Be brief, catchy and relevant
- Offer personal meetings off-line, take them to have a coffee irl.